Thread: WebsiteGrader & SEO

chronological Guest

WebsiteGrader & SEO

Hi,

I'm really new to SEO (and to web development as well) and have been reading about it only in forums and websites. I have this project for school that requires us to use this websitegrader tool from hubspot (I don't think the rules allow me to link it so please search for it in google if you don't know about it). I read that the grader isn't really a good measure, but I have to get a high grade for it in order to get a high grade for the course (lame). Right now, I have only been trying to satisfy whatever it wants by changing the code a bit, but there are some things I couldn't really change.

1. I posted a link to our twitter account...but the grader still couldn't detect it...I don't know how it detects it... I compared other websites with twitter account linked to them and they were detected...so I don't know why mine wasn't...

2. I'm still confused with how it detects inbound links and pagerank. I tried methods suggested in other sites and in this forum to increase pagerank like submitting links everywhere that's legal...Are there other ways to do so?

3. Is it really not okay to have a lot of images? Even if it's for design purposes? I know it's inefficient because it'll take longer to load...but, won't aesthetic value to your site add to the quality?

I would appreciate comments on this. If you'd like a link to see the site I'm trying to optimize (some of it is still under construction though since I'm still learning while making the website) I'll post it if it's allowed.

Thanks, looking forward to your constructive feedback...

Quote Originally Posted by chronological View Post
    1. I posted a link to our twitter account...but the grader still couldn't detect it...I don't know how it detects it... I compared other websites with twitter account linked to them and they were detected...so I don't know why mine wasn't...
    Just what you said, Website grader is not accurate. If you are really sure that you have a link going to your twitter account, ignore what website grader said.

2. I'm still confused with how it detects inbound links and pagerank. I tried methods suggested in other sites and in this forum to increase pagerank like submitting links everywhere that's legal...Are there other ways to do so?
    Keep in link building your website; focus on getting quality links.

3. Is it really not okay to have a lot of images? Even if it's for design purposes? I know it's inefficient because it'll take longer to load...but, won't aesthetic value to your site add to the quality?
    Avoid putting too much images 9spcially the big one!) because it will make your website loading slower.