Thread: Member Login Page

bpgolferguy Guest

Member Login Page

Hi! So I am totally new, and I first want to just get pointed in the right direction. I want to build a website for my business: a junior golf tour. Now I have played with WIX, Yola, and some of the other wysiwyg sites, and I've made some decent ones. But what I'm running into is that I need this website to be a pretty important service of this business. I need it to house stats for each member, as well as a section for member that they can log in to and edit their own personal profile. Now, I'm pretty sure I can't do that on Wix or Yola can I? I've googled a bit and found out that Visual Studio can do this, as well as mySql. I downloaded mysql and I'm getting help starting my databases there, but I have no clue about creating these "member" login pages....can anyone at least point me in the direction I need to go or what I'll need? I.e. more software? Can I download Visual Studio and use that to create my entire website and the member login pages, etc? Are Wix and Yola pointless to me now?

Thank you so much for the help!!!

You've got quite a bit of learning in front of you, unfortunately. You'll need to learn the basics of HTML and CSS in order to build the website. The mysql database will hold all the information on the usernames and passwords and whatnot. You will also have to learn a server side scripting language such as PHP in order for the website itself to communicate with the database.