Thread: Can someone please help me figure this out.

pego99 Guest

Can someone please help me figure this out.

I decided to try and modify a web site design that I purchased. I have Photoshop and Dreamweaver. The website came with 3 folders. Screenshots, site_flash and sources. I first tried modifying the home.psd from the sources psd folder with photoshop. I made some changes and saved them and then in photoshop I saved for web and devices and put all the saved pieces (gifs, jpegs etc.) in the images folder in the site_flash folder. But when I open the index html file in the site_flash folder with a browser the web site does not show the new saved images it shows the old unchanged graphics. When I even remove the whole images folder from the site_flash folder the web site still looks the same without the changes. How?? I even have cleared the cache in the Mozilla browser before loading the index file. I am completely confused as to how this is supposed to work and how these old images are remaining. I would greatly any help in figuring this out. Thanks. Peter

Line Breaks are Your Friend

Are the new images in the same formats as the old ones?

have you tried setting Firefox never to chache anything? (its a good move anyway, people don't use Dialup anymore, so idk why we're still coding our browsers for the 1990s)