Hi

I am looking to build a new website and I desperatly need some advice on how to go about building it. I am fairly amateur as sites I have built have been html based via frontpage. I have recently done a little with Dreamweaver and I have also built a flash website. I have also tampered around with Flash CMS templates and had some great results. Also I have peiced together several sucessful forums.
Basic knowledge I'd say but I enjoy the learning curve.

What I want to build is a site similar to www.checkatrade.com
I want the consumer to be able to search an area (surrey, middlesex etc) and find a trader. There is only one type of trade so it does need to be as complex as checkatrade. But I do want the consumer to see a list which is listed by a score rating. So the consumer would need a section to "rate" the trader.

Also each trader would need a small profile section. Name, address etc and also a couple of pictures. I will probably add the profile as apose to the trader being able to log in and edit the profile, but I guess I have not made up my mind on a final decision on this.

I would greatly appreciate some advice on what the best platform will be to generate this type of website. Also any freebie templates to pull apart are always good.

Kind Regards
Mark