Thread: Cost Estimator?

kalisti Guest

Cost Estimator?

Hi,

I'm looking to set up a cost estimator for a client – they want the end user to be able to select from various options on drop downs and end up with a rough estimate, so it will involve adding flat fees and multipliers depending on the options selected.

An example of roughly what I'm looking for can be seen at: http://www.digitalroom.com/brochure-...-estimate.html if you click Pricing & Delivery.

I'm wondering if there is an out-of-the-box script anyone knows of that can do roughly this, without too much tweaking. I can probably stumble my way to writing one from scratch, but would rather not reinvent the wheel if there's a free/affordable version already out there.

Thanks so much!

I think it would be best if you wrote your own. Finding a tailored one which matches your requirements will be nigh on impossible.

The other option would be to use a cart (Zen Cart) where instead of products you would assign services with costs. By picking services you will be formulating an estimate in your cart.