Thread: Big Blunders To Avoid While Making A Perfect Website

Big Blunders To Avoid While Making A Perfect Website

Making a website is not free from blunders if proper care is not given. This is the main difference between websites appearing at the World Wide Web and disappearing from the scene in no time. Following are the mistakes that should be avoided while developing a website.

Don’t clutter the text wall:

Divide the whole information at the home page into small paragraphs represented with headings and subheadings. Supplementing the text with graphics is also a good option.

Be different but don’t get weird:

Its good to make your website appear different from others but it doesn’t mean that you have to go against all the conventions that are established. Top left menu and consistency in navigation structure throughout different web pages are some things that remain common with almost all websites. Go for custom web design services.

Some others are also important to avoid

• Keeping the PDF use to minimum as per necessity
    • Mentioning prices in clear to facilitate site users about making the buying decision
    • Don’t paying attention to search facility for site users
    • Poor selection and poor use of keywords

These are just few things that should be avoided for making a perfect website.

If any point in your mind, please let the readers updated with that.

Top left menu and consistency in navigation structure throughout different web pages are some things that remain common with almost all websites.
    I can't think of any websites that have a top left menu, off the top of my head. The form factor is irrelevant so long as the navigation elements are intuitive and easy to scan (with your eyes).

Keeping the PDF use to minimum as per necessity
    PDF's have nothing to do with web design. They are a different form of media. If you are designing PDF's for web content you're doing it wrong.

Don’t paying attention to search facility for site users
    What does that mean? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

While I appreciate your effort to help educate other developers on development blunders, I don't think that much of what you said was useful. Your points were very scattered and disorganized.