I have been doing web design for numerous years now, and I would consider myself well above average. It has been bothering me for quite some time now, that despite a lot of time put into commissions, and things I do for myself, backed by my knowledge, newbies get more credit than myself! A crappy layout made of tables and everything purely of HTML is not a skilled designer, yet you'll see people flock to it commenting how nice it is. It drives me insane. - A friend told me it is because people tend to think newbies need reassurance, but why? If you go on Deviantart you don't see flocks of people commenting on how 'less than average' artwork looks nice and to keep up the good work.

My theory? People don't see the coding, all they have to look at is what it projects on their screen. Simplicity can be a good thing, yes, but when someone like myself takes a peak at the coding, it's so very clear that the person just jumbled a bunch of crap they C/P'd from a learning website, didn't care to clean or organize anything. Then you'll see that they didn't even bother to add a doctype; really I could go on forever, so I'll stop there.

Point being, it gets under my skin that the people that have no idea what they're doing receive more credit than those who have been doing it for years.