Thread: Posible to coordinate PHPBB3 forum on website?

Posible to coordinate PHPBB3 forum on website?

Hello all!
    My name is Joshua!

I run a bird forum where people come and share bird pictures and talk about bird matters.

The forum is not even 2 months old and I feel like it is doing great. 3300 Post already.

Now I have a question. Is it possible to have a system in place to upload all attachments on the forum directly to the website. For example, someone shares the image of a gull on the forum and to have that image of a gull show directly on the "gull" page of my website. Is there such a way to program some similar system so that the information put up on the forum got straith on the pages of the website?

Let me know please! I appreciate all awnsers and help you members here can provide.

Thank you

Hi Joshua,

where else are the pictures shown, when not on the page where the post is made?

if you mean, you want the pictures not linked, but uploaded directly to your forum, then better think twice about it. I don't know what kind of hosting contract you have, but at first, when all the pictures are uploaded to your webspace, then you can get very fast some space problems. Perhaps not in the moment, but when your site grows bigger in the same speed you will get one.

and secondly, much more important: it is your webspace. that means you are personally responsible for all files, that are on your webspace. when someone thinks, it is a good idea to upload pictures with illegal content, then it is in the end your problem.

ahhh, and not to forget, the classic thing. it is very easy to use pictures to hide stuff. so in the pictures can be hidden stuff like viruses or root kits.