Thread: Tricky question for experienced members

Mooncows Guest

Tricky question for experienced members

Ive got sort of a tricky situation. I'm building a website for a friend who owns a kitchen remodeling business. Im building it using Adobe Dreamweaver cs3, and he want to be able to upload images to the site gallery without changing the code. How would i go about allowing him to upload and take down images as he pleases?

If you're talking about photos in a separate section, then don't do the pages in HTML. Instead install a photo gallery script of some sort that has an interface that allows adding and removing photos. I's suggest using Gallery, a free, open source script that has pretty much every feature you might want.

If you want him to be able to change photos on HTML pages, iif he can make then the same physical size as the ones that are being replaced and he names them the same, you can have him FTP the files to replace the previous ones. If this is what you want to do, make sure you keep backups so when he screws everything up you can fix it without having to recode anything.