Thread: Web development enthusiast

Question Web hosting server for enthusiast ?

My apoglogies in advacned,If I'm breaking forum policies/practices.

My Background:
    I come from software development domain with reach knowledge of VoIP networking protocols design and Linux environment. I would like to take up web development as a hobby and would want learn more about it.

The Info I got from this forum
    A thread by Daniel94 has really good inputs on starting point. Also Alan give useful and precise tips for beginner like me.

What I'm looking for:
    Any suggestion for web hosting and domain name registration service? I know this question has been asked number of times here, but what If I list down my requirements, can you guys please help me with that ?

1. The primary purpose of the site is to host my blog.
    2. It will act as my playground to try and learn new web development techniques.
    3. I prefer Linux based hosting server.
    4. It will not have any commercial aspect, neither I'm interested in handling high bandwidth traffic.
    5. I'm not specifically looking for "cheapo" option, I would rather prefer value-for-money

Thanks
    Last edited by calvinscorner; 22 Jan 2011 at 02:21 AM.

There are plenty of good Linux hosting service providers around. I'd only suggest you to compare a few of them, to contact them before making your decision and to check their business record, by searching in an appropriate WhoIs registries, Search engines and local directories.
    Host Color
    Web Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Hosting
    Web hosting about people, not about gigabytes - since 2000