Thread: Install All Domains in Main Directory on Single Hosting Server?

Question Install All Domains in Main Directory on Single Hosting Server?

(GoDaddy)

I've noticed I can add quite a few domains to just one hosting server. Right now they are all at "/" which is the main directory.

If I install another WordPress application with one of them, will that overwrite the other?

Do I need to make a subdomain for safety in order not to overwrite or does each separate domain easily accept an installation?

Each domain needs to have it's own directory and everything in a domain needs to be in that directory. The server needs to be set up to direct each domain to the proper directory for that domain. This is most easily done if there is a software control panel for the hosting account, otherwise there is a server config file that needs to be manually edited. Once this is done each domain will be able to be accessed with the domain name in the URL and each domain directory will be able to be accessed through FTP set up for each individual domain. From any one domain directory you will not be able to see of access any of the other domains.