Thread: What is an addon domain?

Post What is an addon domain?

An addon domain is a fully functional domain that can be created from within your control panel. Think of it as having multiple hosting packages all sharing the same control panel. You can give them email addresses, forwarders, and more the same way you do for your main domain on the account.

The addon domain will appear as a totally separate domain from your primary domain. There should be no evidence that your domain is an addon domain to incoming traffic when they visit your addon domain.

Regards,
    Support Team
    HOSTGATOR INDIA

An Addon domain is a new, unique website hosted in a new folder on your account.

addon domain features is good for those who wants to host multiple website. as from single Cpanel you can manage multiple website

I have not much knowledge. I am using hostgator for hosting my some sites and in cpanel it provide me option to add more than one main domain... so, this is the add on domain service for me. am I right?
    Looking for Best reliable hosting? Then try Hostgator Reviews and WebHostingHub Reviews PLz check my Hosting Forum, Money Maker Forum and Teen Forum too.

Thank you all for posting..!!

An addon domain is a fully functional domain that can be created from within your control panel. Think of it as having multiple hosting packages all sharing the same control panel. You can give them email addresses, forwarders, and more the same way you do for your main domain on the account.

An Addon domain is a new, unique website hosted in a new folder on your account.
    Gentry Living - Positioning for Success