Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flash vs HTML5 - Which ones better?

Flash vs HTML5 - Which ones better?

Hi I am currently conducting research for my final year dissertation and am trying to gain views from web designers on which they think is better to use when designing web sites; Flash or HTML5?

Please comment with your opinion, and if you would be willing to participate in a brief interview via email please message me.

Thank you for your time.

Becky

Adobe Flash is better as long time of existence and measure in sub-pixel increments.

My vote goes for Flash because i think is much better than HTML5 .

I choose HTML5. Flash is not allowed to run on some OS such as iPad, iPhone... HTML5 is an open format so it's easy to build.

Nemo33 is offline New Member: Posts Will Be Moderated
    I agree HTML5 is much better. flash does not work on ipad's or iphone's.

According to me, Flash is better because of its features.

Flash lets you reach the widest audience with the drawback of not working on some mobile devices; HTML5 is still developing.

Still HTML. There is a disadvantage using Flash and SEO.

I personally pick, HTML 5. Although, like others said, there are browsers that don't support it, it's good to have a back up.

I wouldn't get too worried about HTML5 unless you already have a paying job that demands it..

database reporting l dba solutions

Depends what you are looking for... If you are targeting for SEO. Use HTML5 which is 10x better than flash. If just for personal site, then maybe flash is good.

from what I know, more and more large and small companies, perhaps corporate companies starting to eliminate flash features on their sites...

Other word, flash is dying... HTML5 is expanding quickly.

I love Flash, but it's decline in use started a while ago. HTML5 is still under development and I already have my florida web design clients asking us to remove flash elements and use jQuery, javacript, etc., instead. Apple OS support and better SEO is also another reason to use something other than Flash.

Both are best but i prefer to Adobe Flash and the point of view SEO HTML5 is best.

Thanks all for your input. Do you think the fact that HTML5 is open source will have a big impact on companies encouraging to use it? Compared to Flash which is very expensive.

Becky

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    Thanks all for your input. Do you think the fact that HTML5 is open source will have a big impact on companies encouraging to use it? Compared to Flash which is very expensive.

Becky
    Most definitely... It all start here, there and everywhere! --> http://www.html5rocks.com/en/ HTML5 Rocks!

Flash is dying, as soon as HTML5 becomes the new standard web designers should be designing to HTML5.

Facebook games will be pure HTML5, anything with a lot of interactive features that flash offers will be replaced with HTML5.

Not to mention:

HTML5 + CSS3 intergration will blow away any flash file.
    Embed SEO which flash could never dream of.
    Load faster than flash.
    Editable on page, where flash needs to be opened in a program and uploaded.

HTML 5 is better for web designing....

alek is offline New Member: Posts Will Be Moderated
    There has been much debate over HTML5 vs Flash. ..But both have their unique functionalities that makes them favorite among user. Now it depends on the group of user's which suits them to most. well I also prefer HTML5.

Html 5 is light, fast and it's mobile friendly. Most of the phones in some countries doesn't have flash support. So if you want to reach those markets you must use something that can be viewed in those phones. And html5 is the best option. Nowadays not all the people have a smartphone.

I think html 5 will be better as it runs on every browser but flash does not some browser and flash also is not seo friendly.