Convert Panasonic SDR Camcorders MOD Video to MOV for iMovie

Panasonic SDR series camcorders are good for recording happy moment in life.Many people get Panasonic SDR camcorders and want to share their videos with family and friends on iMovie or some media players else, but they met the problems below:

"I got a Panasonic SDR-S26 camcorder and it works well when connected with Mac via USB, but can't import the MOD files to iMovie HD by default."

"I got the Panasonic SDR-S50 camera but I can not edit the video on Mac , what shall I do?"

Are you bothered by such problems and keep searching a solusion? This article will tell you how to solve the issue.

Panasonic SDR-S series camcorders (e.g. SDR-S50, S26, S10, S7, SDR-S25A,SDR-S26R, etc)

Shoot video at .mod mpeg 2 format. But the video is not compatible with Mac-friendly program like QuickTime, iMovie,etc. Even you rename them to .mov, you still can't import MOD to iMovie.

Under this circumstance, the Panasonic MOD to iMovie Converter should be your optimal helper , which can easily convert MOD file to other popular video formats including MP4, 3GP, AVI, DV, MPG, MPEG, MOV, WMV, MKV etc. To iMovie, MOV is best.

Step 1: Download and install MOD Converter for Mac on your Mac, run it.

Step 2: Import MOD file from your Panasonic camcorder, then set output format as .mov, set output path.
Click Add File button to import file, then click the Drop-up list to set output format as .mov, and set output path by clicking the Open button.

Step 3: Clip and edit
.MOD Converter for Mac enables you to clip video(split the video into several segments), edit video(crop video such as delete unwanted part, set aspect ratio as 4:3,16:9 and Original;set brightness, contrast, saturation, apply effect to video such as Old film, Gray,Emboss, and no effect)

Step 4: Start converting
Click the the Convert button to start converting.

And if you are Windows user, you can turn to Video Converter for help. If your camcorder is an AVCHD one, you can turn to AVCHD to MOV Converter for help