Thread: Do whois scripts get banned?

Do whois scripts get banned?

I'm using a php whois lookup script (mrwhois php).

I’m wandering if when a query is made to a whois server does the script use the surfers IP or my sites IP? What I'm really asking is: can my site get banned by the servers for too many queries?

If the whois is run via a php script, then it's your server's IP that will be involved not the user. The various whois servers have different rules. So you will need to check with the whois server owners site to see what those rules are. Some whois servers don't like too many requests. Some use systems to tell real people form automated requests. Others actually encorrage automated requests. If you are doing allot of requests, you could always setup your own local mirror so the searches are done locally.

Thanks a lot. Can anybody give me advice on witch are the best whois servers for multiple automated queries?

Quote Originally Posted by caski2 View Post
    Thanks a lot. Can anybody give me advice on witch are the best whois servers for multiple automated queries?
    I haven't use any servers for multiple WhoIs queries. But i use to get whois lookup usually from . This site provides me accurate details. You can have a try with it.

I haven't use any servers for multiple WhoIs queries. But i use to get whois lookup usually from http://www.whoisxy.com/ . This site provides me accurate details. You can have a try with it.