Thread: Allowing users to sell on my site?

Question Allowing users to sell on my site?

Hey all, im in the process of designing a new site where users can upload digital items and sell them.

I've being researching solutions which will enable my users to sell on my site and ive come up with this. Is this possible - legal etc?

If the user wishes to sell the item on my site i ask them to sign up for a palpal account which allows them to accept payments. I then ask them to create a buy-now button (on paypal) which will return the required html code. Once they have aquired this code, they will be able to paste it into a form i provide them, and then this code will be stored in a database. On loading of the users page the "buy now" button code will be "loaded" into the page by php.

From there everthing will be standard.

Will this work? Any input would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance, Nick

hi nickpaul - i'm not sure if this type of script is what you need. but you may check this http://www.softbizscripts.com/online...t-features.php

Quote Originally Posted by NickPaul
    Hey all, im in the process of designing a new site where users can upload digital items and sell them.

I've being researching solutions which will enable my users to sell on my site and ive come up with this. Is this possible - legal etc?

If the user wishes to sell the item on my site i ask them to sign up for a palpal account which allows them to accept payments. I then ask them to create a buy-now button (on paypal) which will return the required html code. Once they have aquired this code, they will be able to paste it into a form i provide them, and then this code will be stored in a database. On loading of the users page the "buy now" button code will be "loaded" into the page by php.

Thanks in advance, Nick
    Yes, no offense intended, but this is a very barbaric way of paying for items. Not to mention the security flaws and risks. You may want to check into alternatives for this, I'm sure there are many script pre-made for this type of thing.

Alex R

Auction Website Venture Development

Quote Originally Posted by NickPaul View Post

Thanks in advance, Nick
    Hi NickPaul. I see that you are trying to build an auction website venture like eBay. There are actually a lot of scripts available in the market nowadays. However, if you want your auction website to be done in no time you can have it developed by a certified web development company.

My friend was able to have a public auction site which offered users with great experience, easy to operate for the administration and most importantly, a successful one. I bet you want to have the same, too.