Thread: The Over Optimization Penalty by Google is a Blunder

The Over Optimization Penalty by Google is a Blunder

There has been one topic that has never failed to be incendiary, heated, circular and seemingly endless in SEO. Blackhat vs Whitehat SEO.What it is, who is the good guy and who’s the bad guy and what techniques fall into which category. Recently introduced over optimization penalty is a blunder. To know more read this post: http://bob.blikini.com/Googles-Blund...zation-Penalty

Yeah I read your post. But what is the blunder if Google wants to stop spamming??

The blunder is the way in which Google does it. It's a paradox, in order to get a popular site you need to have a popular site otherwise people can't find your site.

In terms of Black hat vs White hat SEO there's not really much to it. There's no set line when it comes to defining which is which. Technically if you had any part in creating a back link to your website then you are committing Black hat SEO.

Unfortunately google is what they describe themselves as. Popularity judges, which means like in High School the cool kids are cool and the uncool kids aren't worth anything.
    If ever in doubt about a threads purpose report it and let webdev mods or admins be the judge. If we don't know we can't help.
    "Coffee is the saviour of mankind!"
    Web Design Wiltshire
    My Blog

I don't think it's a blunder. Google is only trying to remove spam from the search engine.

I think Pixel Eden has answered kathygreen's question in detail. Google wants to remove spamy websites from its search results, it is appreciable but the way they decide (Recent update of algorithms) it is blunder.