Thread: Facebook launches graph search. What do you feel about this?

Facebook launches graph search. What do you feel about this?

Facebook has recently launched beta version of Graph Search and soon it will be available for all audience. People from digital marketing niche starts discussing about its impact on SEO and more importantly on Google Plus. What do you think :
    Does graph search can be a threat for Google?
    Does this move of Facebook impacts SEO industry?

No, I don’t think there’s much to worry about as the social media firm has not unveiled much till now and secondly, Facebook graph is not like a traditional web search. We are still not sure what the web application may evolve into in the coming time and the graph beinga Google killer is still a mystery. However, the time spent for using search on Facebook by users is likely to hurt Google little bit keeping in mind the ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Rash View Post
    No, I don’t think there’s much to worry about as the social media firm has not unveiled much till now and secondly, Facebook graph is not like a traditional web search. We are still not sure what the web application may evolve into in the coming time and the graph beinga Google killer is still a mystery. However, the time spent for using search on Facebook by users is likely to hurt Google little bit keeping in mind the ads.
    Yeah, you are right! But I think it will be going to tough for Google Local. As you all know that Google merged its place pages in Google Plus, I think facebook graph search is the answer to this move. FB is going to be a very hard competitor of Google Plus now, in my opinion.