My friend bought Canon EOS 5D Mark III as a camcorder with super imaging. However, when he attended to load the MOV files from the Canon EOS 5D Mark III camcorder to iMovie 8, but iMovie does not read the .mov files. I recommend her to upgrade to iMovie 9 or 11, which might work with the Canon EOS 5D Mark III .mov files.

However,you may find it difficult to import Canon mov files to iMovie 8/9/11 without the camcorder connecting to iMac/MacBook Pro/Mac Mini or even Mac Pro. With Canon EOS Video Converter for Mac from UFUSoft as the perfect solution for you. I am able to edit my Canon EOS 5D Mark III on most of editing software, like iMovie, FCP, Adobe Premiere and Pinnacle. To help more Canon EOS 5D Mark III owners to edit mov footages via iMovie 8/9/11 on Mac Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Mountain Lion.

Well, here is the step-by-step guide for you to edit Canon EOS 5D Mark III MOV to iMovie MOV videos in iMovie 8/9/11 with HD quality, taking iMac with Mac Snow Leopard as an example.

Step 1. Add Canon mov video to Canon EOS Video Converter for Mac.

After transferring .mov files from Canon EOS 5D Mark III memory card to iMac Apple hard drive, run Canon EOS Video Converter for Mac as the best Mac Canon EOS MOV converter, and click the “Add” button to load the Canon EOS 5D Mark III mov videos. You may also import the mov files with drag and drop.

Step 2. Choose iMovie 8/9/11 compatible MOV format.

Click the Format option and choose Common Video >Quicktime MOV (*.mov) or iMovie > iMovie (*.mov) as output video format for importing to iMovie 8, iMovie 9, iMovie 11.To get high quality video, you can click the Settings button and make sure the original option is used for the Bit rate option. The Mac Canon MOV to iMovie converter will transcode Canon EOS 5D Mark III MOV to iMovie 8/9/11 MOV for Mac applications with original video resolution.

Step 3. Convert Canon EOS 5D Mark III MOV to MOV for iMovie 8/9/11.

Click the convert button under the preview window, and the conversion from Canon EOS 5D Mark III MOV to iMovie MOV for iMovie 8/9/11 will start immediately. The converter works great for have a batch of files in the queue for conversion.

After the conversion is done, you can easily import HD videos to iMovie 8, iMovie 9, iMovie 11 for editing. Import the output files to Final Cut Studio/Pro, Final Cut Express (FCE) 4 for editing still in HD, to Mac QuickTime Player for playing, uploading to YouTube or presenting on iPad, to iDVD for burning with high quality.

You may also like:
[*]Canon EOS 5D Mark III Video Converter-Convert Canon 5D Mark III MOV to MP4/AVI/MPEG/WMV
[*]Import/Convert Canon EOS 5D Mark III HD 1080p MOV to Final Cut Pro 6/7/X for Editing
[*]Convert/Edit Canon EOS 5D Mark III MOV Clips/Videos to Avid Media Composer on Mac
[*]Canon EOS-1D X Videos to Avid-Convert/Load EOS MOV Recordings to Avid MC on Mac
[*]Convert H.264 MOV Video from Canon EOS-1D X to iMovie 8/9/11-Canon EOS Video Converter