Thread: Inventory management software for new start-up - Newbie!

Exclamation Inventory management software for new start-up - Newbie!

Hello all:

We are a new start-up looking for inventory management software. As of now, we have nothing. We need ideas/recommendations for registration (would like private WHOIS) and hosting.

Also, we are looking to implement the following software that can control inventory:

Management side:
    *Create unique item number and able to print barcode/tag for item number to be applied to item.
    *Enter and modify unique items in inventory (item number, if ready for sale, price, description, specs, pictures and etc.). Access to this database should be available to several tiered users for different levels of management.
    *Able to create back-ups of database.
    *Able to process Paypal and Credit Card.
    *Database that contains sale date, amount, customer information (name, address, telephone number, method of payment, and etc.)
    *Records sale information instore (date, price, employee id who sold product and etc.)

Customer side:
    *View product and description in list/detailed view.
    *Able to add/erase items for "cart" and check out (Paypal and Credit Card).
    *Customer view should be automatically updated (i.e. if product is sold online or instore, it should be taken off the inventory available immediately)
    *Option to sign up for newsletter near checkout
    *Send customer e-mail with reciept

Employee side:
    *Able to handle cash or credit card sales instore (using POS machine).
    *Not able to modify pricing, description, and etc.

As with any new start-up, funds are low. Web developer services will be implemented in the future when funds are available to do so. Any tips, hosting/software recommendations would be appreciated. Low-cost/freeware software could be used to lower expense, but we would not mind paying for software that is reliable, secure and easy to implement. I am incharge of implementing the said software. I have somewhat of an understanding of programming (took a few C++, Java classes many moons ago). I am not too familiar with implementing PhP, SQL and etc so a crash course would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

-Tahleel

You can try those products
    http://www.top5freeware.com/inventor...re-for-windows
    or in order to save cost, you may develop similar product with the combination of Excel, barcode generator and barcode reader.