Thread: Best Tools for web design.

alexscott is offline New Member: Posts Will Be Moderated

Best Tools for web design.

1. Icon Finder
    2. Deviantart
    3. Adobe Kuler
    4. Dafont
    5. Lorem Ipsum

I think you should explain each of the terms in the thread, so that it will be helpful to the viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Wilson View Post
    I think you should explain each of the terms in the thread, so that it will be helpful to the viewers.
    This guy is just spamming for post count. Report his posts like this and hopefully a moderator will take some action.

I have a great suggestion, the best tools that you can get is to have first the know how and then you will have everything for free.
    So I've found Website In a Day Workshop, is suitable for beginners and novices as well as those who already have some experience with web development. It is a hands on, interactive training and guides you through a step by step process to create a personal or business website of your own, you will create your own website in a single day! Then you will have all the resources for free, Wordpress is a free structure, templates, plugins, etc. You only need to have the know how. Check this one:
    http://in-a-day.com.au
    or check also this one
    http://webdesigncoursesgoldcoast.com/
    I hope it helps

I agree - for me it's Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Wordpress.

Design
    GIMP in similar to Photoshop and is free. But I use a mix of Photoshop and Illustrator for the design.

Development
    Wordpress and Dreamweaver.

Other Tools
    I would also add all-free-downloads.com to the list of tool, its free graphic illustrator files for editing.
    I also use DaFont for fonts.

For php, Html and CSS I use a free one called APTanna, its very powerful and alot like dreamweaver in a lot of ways but whilst being completely different. Best part is the free part

I have a somewhat unconventional style of designing sites, I start on paper and then build the CSS structure, then go about populating the elements with relevant images created in photoshop - I actually find it saves me a lot of time, a lot of people find the exact opposite to be the case.

For a while I was using Notepad++ as my primary editor, but as someone who also uses Linux I got sick of switching between Notepad++ on windows and Geany on Linux, never liked Bluefish (it's far too ugly imo) and Aptana is uber bloated so for the last few days I've been using Komodo Edit as my editor, it's cross platform which is a big plus for me, and the Komodo IDE (paid software) looks impressive and it'll definitely be something I consider as I get more and more into developing applications.

Almost all my sites are built on Drupal, I love that CMS, and my other most usefull tool has to be Chrome and the myriad of extensions that I use to develop sites.

*Edit*

I should also mention the websites "net.tutsplus.com" and "fontsquirrel.com", they're extremely useful resources.

i might go far from websites in my list but these helped me as a web developer , i hope it will for you (some are free (: and some are nt )

1.Redmine a free framework for project management. (free)

2.yuuguu a Web conferencing tool (paid)

3.firbug (free) a tool for editing your code directly on the browsers (its a firefox extension)

4.web developer toolbar (free)
    a great tool to cheat from other people , just kidding. it's tool to use to view a source of a webpage from alive site, viwe or disable css or javascript , outlines and ruler and much more.

5.wordpress (free) one of the best CMS

6. jquery (free) a javascript library

7.coda or dreamwaver (paid) code editors

8.photoshop (paid) or gimp (free) a tool for editing images and creating graphics

g0205 is offline New Member: Posts Will Be Moderated
    One word: Quality

Well..

I think the best tools for web design are:

Fire Bug
    Photoshop
    Panic coda
    Dreamweaver
    FireWorks

you’ll find the five web design tools that garnered the most votes.

5. Fireworks

Adobe Fireworks is a commercial raster and vector graphics editor hybrid from Adobe that’s available for the Mac and Windows operating systems. Designed specifically for web designers (unlike Photoshop), Fireworks brings you a plethora of tools and options that make full web layout prototyping a breeze.

Among its notable features are: "slices" for slicing and dicing a design mockup into HTML/CSS for rapidly creating prototypes (though you should avoid using auto-generated source code for the end-build), the ability to package an entire site design as a PDF with clickable components for interactive and impressive site prototypes, and optimization tools for making your web graphics as lightweight as possible.

4. Dreamweaver

Adobe Dreamweaver is a commercial application for web development that’s available for the Mac and Windows operating systems. Its featured-packed suite of tools and options include: syntax highlighting and very smart Code Hinting, a built-in FTP client, project management and workflow options that make team work effortless, and Live View – which shows you a preview of your source code. Dreamweaver tightly integrates with other popular Adobe products such as Photoshop, allowing you to share Smart Objects for quick and easy updating and editing of graphics components.

3. Panic Coda

Panic Coda is a shareware web development application for the Mac OS X operating system. It seeks to reduce the amount of applications (such as an FTP client, CSS editor, a version control system, etc.) you need to develop websites and to improve your team’s workflow. Coda’s one-window web development philosophy uses a tabbed interface for text editing, file transfers, SVN, CSS, and even "Books" which embeds web books that are searchable (it comes with The Web Programmer’s Desk Reference but you can add your own).

It’s simple and intuitive interface allowed Coda to garner the Apple Design Awards Best Mac OS X User Experience in 2007.

2. Photoshop

Adobe Photoshop is a very popular commercial graphics editor available for the Mac and Windows operating system. Created for professional photographers and designers, it is the ideal application for manipulating images and creating web graphics. Photoshop has all the necessary tools and options you need such as: Filters – which automatically adds effects to your image or a selected section of your image, extensibility and automation with Brushes, Actions and Scripting, and workflow enhancement features like Layer Comps and the Revert option.

1. Firebug

Firebug is a free, open source in-browser web development tool for the Firefox web browser. It’s many features include: on-the-fly HTML and CSS editing for tweaking or debugging, a Console for logging, analyzing and debugging JavaScript, and an intuitive Document Object Model (DOM) inspection tool to help you quickly see how the elements of a web page relates to one another.

Firebug’s popularity is so immense it’s one of the few Firefox extensions that have its own extensions (like YSlow and FirePHP)!

Mua ban nha dat

Fireworks is great for creating amazing graphics for your website. You can even use it to develop a completely functional simply static HTML website.

Photoshop is a complex ass toughie.

For me the best tools for web design are Firebug, Photoshop,and dreamviewer..I prefer Dreamviewer more..as Dreamweaver tightly integrates with other popular Adobe products such as Photoshop, allowing you to share Smart Objects for quick and easy updating and editing of graphics components.

sofia20 is offline New Member: Posts Will Be Moderated
    For me, it's Dreamweaver also. Next is Photoshop.

Long Island Web Design

Photoshop and Dreamweaver are the best tools for Web Designing.

Techacs, a long Island based web design company offering custom, clean and effective website design, development and SEO services in New york, New york city, Long Island, Manhattan and bronx area.

the best tools for web designing are Firebug, Photo-shop, Panic Coda, Dream-weaver, Fireworks. For me the best tools for web design are Photoshop and dream viewer.

web designing company
    Last edited by primexx07; 10 Nov 2011 at 01:37 AM.

Web Designing Companies Chennai

Thanks for your nice information.
    Last edited by MDwebdev85; 16 Feb 2012 at 08:23 AM. Reason: new users are not allowed to have signatures

I think first we will prefer photoshop after that dreamweaver is best software for designing

Firebug, Photoshop, Panic Coda, Dreamweaver and Fireworks are Best Tools for web designing. for more information about web designing to visit http://www.jadian.in