Thread: My intro.....

My intro.....

Just a quick hello and introduction.

I thought it was about time I got involved in another forum and google threw out webdevforums so here I am.

I've been passionately involved at ww.vbcity.com now for years and have received various awards as a result. I've been recognised by Microsoft two years running (04/05) as a Most Valuable Professional in VB (although I would like to receive recognition for my web dev work (hint, hint, if you're reading this Bill ) But seriously it is a great award anyway.

I also received a member of the month award from vbcity some months back.

At the time of going to press I am currently working full time in IT although it’s a bit of a wishy washy IT role and would prefer a grittier IT role to get my teeth into but hey, it pays the bills.

I also run a freelance operation www.dbnetsolutions.co.uk which takes up a lot of my spare time. The type of work I take on can be quite diverse and I do a fair amount of subcontracting with other trusted developers. I’m hoping this will become my fulltime ‘job’ over the next few years.

I've also recently signed up to do volunteer work via www.do-it.org (like I wasn't busy enough already) to offer my IT skills to worthy causes.

Anyway that’s me!
    Last edited by DanInManchester; 01 Jan 2006 at 01:10 PM.

Welcome Dan! Enjoy your stay here!

-Jim