Thread: Resume Suggestions

Resume Suggestions

I am currently working on a design for a composer who wants to have a resume of sorts posted on his site. In the resume he wants to include the following information:
    The dates he worked on it
    The name of product
    Company for which he worked
    A review or short quotation regarding the project
    A short description of the work he did
    Product photo/screenshot (if available).

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good way to lay this information out on the page. I would use tables normally, but I'm really trying to transition away from them.

Any thoughts?

Most things should be layed out use paragraphs. This may shock some people who thing div tags are the only alternative to tables. But p tags plus h1 h2 and h3 tags for headlines are all you need to layout a simple resume.

If you want a section that is in rows and columns with headers on each row or column then I am describing a table and the best way to make a table is by using table tags.

It's all quite logical really. If you have headlines and paragraphs then you use p and h1 tags. If you want a table then you use table tags. If you want to group several of these items together then you wrap them in div tag to make divisions in the page.