Hello,

I have this tooltip framework set up at http://www.proba45.free.bg (js folder for the problem) and want to change the variables format of the functions in sk_tooltips.js into hash, something like this:

Code:
var props= { obj : HTMLObject, //the object for which a tooltip will be displayed
                  text : stringText, //tooltip text
                  pos : positionHash //position hash (as it is now)
                  arrangement : tooltipDirection.LEFT //optional parameter for explicitly setting where the tooltip should be displayed. I would like to use predefined constants for the four directions. 
                  width : intWidth //optional parameter for explicitly setting the width of the tooltip
};
DisplayInfoTooltip(props);
I've tried several variations of this and I always get an exception in FireBug saying
'Permission denied to set property XULElement.selectedIndex' when calling method: [nsIAutoCompletePopup::selectedIndex]"
for this code:

Code:
<html> 
<head> 
<title></title>
<script type="text/javascript"> 
var props = {       obj       : "",                     
                             text      : "",            
                     };  
function show() 
{    props.obj = this;    
      props.text = this.value;     
     alert(props.obj);    
     alert(props.text); 
}  
</script> 
</head>
<body> 
<form action="">              
<input type='text' id='input1' value="Please, provide a valid email address." onclick="show();"/>       
</form>  
</body> 
</html>
Would anyone care to take a look at the code an give me an example how to change the variable interface into hash? If anyone could give me a clue on how to organise the explicit arrangement of the tooltips with predefined constants I would be grateful, too.