Thread: Named Anchors?

Named Anchors?

I suffer from i'mnotadeveloperi'mjustadesigneritis so please bear with me...

I've used named anchors in sites for years and for some reason, I can't get them to work in this situation. I've googled for the past 2 hours and I can't seem to find a solution.

I've got a page with a main swf file at the top and a bunch of separate swfs lined up down the page. I've placed links to named anchors in 3 places in the main swf and I have the 3 corresponding swf objects "named".

the btsotr.swf object is named "harrisonburg"
    the frederick.swf object is named "staunton"
    the irisinn.swf object is named "waynesboro"

(I also tried using <a name="harrisonburg> etc... tags around the object with no success)

The links in the swf are simply:

getURL("#harrisonburg"); etc...

Here's my test page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Try id instead of name as name is deprecated now and your browser may be objecting to it, although name usually still works. I admit I've never tried from an anchor inside a flash file as I can't design flash.

Extract from a tutorial:-
    Place this code at the position in the html file that you want to move a viewer from:-
    <a href="#top">back to top</a>

Place this code at the place in the html file that you want to show at the top of the screen:-
    <a id="top"></a>

If you want an anchor from one page to a place on another page, the code is:-

<a href="tables.html#tableswide">tables</a> at the place you want to move from and

<a id="tableswide"></a> at the place you want the viewer to go to on the tables.html page. You cannot place an anchor in a frame in this way, you will just be linked to the top of the main frameset page.
    Code downloaded to my PC will be deleted in due course.
    WIN7; IE9, Firefox, Opera, Chrome and Safari for Windows; screen resolution usually 1366*768.
    Also IE6 on W98 with 800*600 and IE8 on Vista 1440*900.