Thread: Just a question

Just a question

Hello i am new to the web world.
    I constructed a website which is getting there in content, but i still cannot stand the design(www.trendflows.com/about) <- not open yet so the home page is an under construction page, you can work from the about page.
    The template is one that i just downloaded and its a .css and for some reason its just annoying if you check www.trendflows.com/003 and /004 you will see that there is a tiny red bar under the logo that isn't on any other url on my page. I was just wondering if .css always acts weird like that sometimes, IE is showing those url's fine, but ff is changing it.
    Anyone know where i can find a nice tutorial or someplace to learn on how to design my own template.
    I really appreciate your time, my apologies for my lack of proper terms at certain points please tell me if i need to be more clear anywhere.
    Take Care!

Stamati Filacouris
    Trendflows.com

I can get rid of the red bar under the logo. It shows in Firefox but not IE7. The cause is img03.gif in #page; the whole #page div is too high in Firefox and the red bar shows so #page needs to be lowered just in Firefox.

Edit your stylesheet:-

#page {
    width: 700px;
    margin: 25px auto 0 auto;/*was 0 auto;*/
    background: url(images/img03.gif) repeat-y;
    }

Add a conditional comment after your stylesheet link in the html file to leave IE the same:-
    ........<link href="default.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<!--[if ie]><style type="text/css">
    #page { margin-top: 0; }
    </style><![endif]-->

</head>.........

I admit this is a partial cure as I haven't spent a lot of time to find out why Firefox is different; there will be another cure, but mine works in the two browsers tested.
    Code downloaded to my PC will be deleted in due course.
    WIN7; IE9, Firefox, Opera, Chrome and Safari for Windows; screen resolution usually 1366*768.
    Also IE6 on W98 with 800*600 and IE8 on Vista 1440*900.