Thread: Dreamweaver issues

Exclamation Dreamweaver issues

I am building a website with Flash and Dreamweaver. I shall use these pictures to explain my problems:

screenshot1:
    http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t=7b9ebf89.jpg
    screenshot2:
    http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...t=f1b1587c.jpg

So first problem... as you can see on screenshot2 (yes, it is in spanish) there are the boxes and the top banner. Those are fixed flash movies that should never move from where they are fixed. Below that is an iframe, 824px wide and 453px tall. That is where everything will be loaded.

So the thing is, on the design tab on dreamweaver the iframe is all the way to the left, stacked below the boxes(flash movie clip). When you actually do F12 and see it (on firefox), you have that ugly indent on the left. I tried doing a div around the iframe and setting the margins/padding to 0px, floating it to the left, and setting it's position to absolute. None of it worked. I went to the html that is being called into the iframe, and did the same thing...padding, etc. It did not work.

On screenshot1 you can see some text and the scrollbar outside the limits the first two fixed movies have - another consequence of dreamweaver indenting the iframe. I struggled a bit to get the text to scroll but apparently it's all good.

Also dreamweaver adds some padding at the top of the page, you can barely see it on screenshot2... I tried to get rid of that but it's not possible. It does appear on the design tab on dreamweaver, unlike my other problem.

I guess that is it. The entire page is flash/html, all html's are called from the flash buttons you can see there into the iframe below. Then another flash menu will be called and another iframe, so it's a bit of a tangle right now.

I have this thing due in about... 16 hours!

You haven't mentioned negative margins or padding.

Use a div to enclose the iframe and then put a negative margin-left or padding-left in the div. Sometimes this works. It will be a hack as the original cause of the indent would not be found, but it's worth a try. It may move, but may cut off the left side of the iframe if there is some kind of block that Dreamweaver is putting on the left.
    Code downloaded to my PC will be deleted in due course.
    WIN7; IE9, Firefox, Opera, Chrome and Safari for Windows; screen resolution usually 1366*768.
    Also IE6 on W98 with 800*600 and IE8 on Vista 1440*900.