Thread: IE6 issues

IE6 issues

Hello all, I've been working on a really basic static site for a local dry cleaning business and have hit an issue with IE6 that I cannot figure out. Things were working perfectly earlier in the evening but now a problem has come up and i cannot place my finger on it.

I am using a very basic 2 column layout, yet for some reason in IE6 the right hand column is rendering below the left and one. I KNOW this is a simple fix, but I think I've looked at things so long tonight that I'm just not seeing the issue.

Sample page:
    http://hawthornecleaners.com/test_site2/delivery.php

CSS:
    http://hawthornecleaners.com/test_site2/style.css

Thanks in advance for your help.

At first I found that your code on my IE6 was showing the two columns side by side. I loaded your images one by one until the right column dropped. It was due to pic_delivery.jpg wich is 224* 148px.
    #left is 301px wide but .subhead has padding 24px right and 58px left. The image 224px + 58px left = 282 + 24px right = 306px, wider than 301 in #left so it's too wide and #right does not have enough room as the whole #container is 602px wide.

So alter the padding, perhaps the right side as it's less noticeable there:-

.sub_copy {
    position:relative;
    padding: 3px 19px 6px 58px; /*was 3px 24px 6px 58px;*/
    }
    Code downloaded to my PC will be deleted in due course.
    WIN7; IE9, Firefox, Opera, Chrome and Safari for Windows; screen resolution usually 1366*768.
    Also IE6 on W98 with 800*600 and IE8 on Vista 1440*900.