Thread: Split form between pages

Split form between pages

How can you split a form between separate pages? I am adding a form to a site that will be quite long and want to split it up between 5-7 pages. I also want the person filling out the form to be able to save what they have done and continue later with the name and password that they will provide at the beginning. Then when they are ready they can click submit and it will be emailed to me.

I currently have a php script that emails me the form from one page, and it works really well. but I don't know how to do the rest of this.

The best way to get the functionality you described is to write your multi-step, multi-page form. Use a hidden variable or multiple submit buttons to determine which step should be moved to next. On each submit, have a script store the newly submitted form data to a session variable. Once the form is complete, validate the data in the session variable and then do whatever you want with it, like send your e-mail or write the information to a database.
    Saving a form would require that you write the current set of data to some kind of storage mechanism, preferably a database.
    I'm not sure how much coding experience you have, but this will likely be something you'll have to code on your own. You might be able to find one on the internet somewhere. I can give you a bit of assistance if you need it.
    Co-founder Aedis IT www.aedisit.com
    Registered Linux User #445070 counter.li.org
    Zend Certified Engineer - CIW Professional - CompTIA Linux+ - CompTIA Network+