Thread: 2 new websites

2 new websites

Hey everyone. I've been getting tons of people asking me to make them a site after they saw a couple that I've done, so I decided to start a page of my own. I was hoping to get some critique on them. I'm not a web developer by trade, this is mostly just for friends to use their sites as a kind of business card for their businesses. Let me know what you think. I know the code isn't any good, I'll be working on fixing that bit by bit as I learn more.

Here's the sites:
    www.calskin.ca
    www.yazconcrete.ca

Thanks in advance.

-caleb
    -caleb
    calskin.ca

Quote Originally Posted by calskin
    Hey everyone. I've been getting tons of people asking me to make them a site after they saw a couple that I've done, so I decided to start a page of my own. I was hoping to get some critique on them. I'm not a web developer by trade, this is mostly just for friends to use their sites as a kind of business card for their businesses. Let me know what you think. I know the code isn't any good, I'll be working on fixing that bit by bit as I learn more.

Here's the sites:
    www.calskin.ca
    www.yazconcrete.ca

Thanks in advance.

-caleb
    Okay.
    First off, these webpages seem to be pretty nice, except for a few small problems.
    One thing that I noticed is that, on calskin.ca, your background seems to fade to a color that seems a bit to light for the feel of your page. The image also seems a bit overpowering (on my 1024*768 screen). Maybe shrink it a little bit. Also, I don't like the centered subheadings very much. Oh, and it might be nice to tweak the colors of the links to not be so brightish-blue. Don't forget to indent!

I'm just not quite feeling your other page. i don't know why... But it's just the whole feel of it. Oh, I see now. The main links for the page seem to be a bit out of place, and the main content area just seems to be a bit "messy". One more thing, the text under the logo in the banner is a bit hard to read.

Other than that, this seems to be a pretty decent layout for a website.