Thread: Quote of the Day help

Quote of the Day help

Hey. I'm creating a website for my mother.

I'm pretty new to web site creation. I would like to display about 5 quotes on her page, basically these would be testimonials from her customers (she's a marriage celebrant).

I only want one of these quotes to display at a time. So basically each time the page refreshes, a new quote would display.

Could anyone tell me how to do this, and the code I would need, etc?

Essentially I would need the code to read a file that has about 10 quotes listed in it.. and choose to randomly display one code at a time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Benjamin

You need javascript. See http://www.hotscripts.com/JavaScript...ams/index.html

Banner rotation has some scripts and Text Effects may have some. Look at Ad Simple half way down the Banner Rotation page. Whether it is a text, banner image or both of them, Ad Simple will rotate them with each refresh of the page.

Most are designed for images like logos or banners but you should be able to adapt for text instead (or make the quotes into images).

Also http://www.download.com/Text-Banner-...-10218446.html
    Code downloaded to my PC will be deleted in due course.
    WIN7; IE9, Firefox, Opera, Chrome and Safari for Windows; screen resolution usually 1366*768.
    Also IE6 on W98 with 800*600 and IE8 on Vista 1440*900.