Thread: Layman seeks advice

davidlaw69 Guest

Layman seeks advice

I recently had my firm's website redone. I told the developer that it was important to ensure that on standard size monitors (non-widescreen) the info appear without the need for scrolling (at least as to the home page and certain other pages).

After the site wa finished and loaded, I received negative comments that the bottom half of the page (where the text is) was not visible without scrolling down). (if you wish to see it, the site is www.delawgroup.com).

I contacted the developer to ask him to fix it. His response was as follows: "The photos are fairly large for a 1024 x 768 resolution. We can make the website smaller but that値l take a bit of work. I値l have to take it back to stage 2 and recode the website. It値l take me about 2 hours to redo it."

I really have no idea what this means, and am concerned about the end result. Can anyone provide any guidance as to how to achieve a good result?

Quote Originally Posted by davidlaw69 View Post
    I contacted the developer to ask him to fix it. His response was as follows: "The photos are fairly large for a 1024 x 768 resolution. We can make the website smaller but that値l take a bit of work. I値l have to take it back to stage 2 and recode the website. It値l take me about 2 hours to redo it."
    Rubbish, won't take them that long to resize a photo.... Geez!