Thread: Ever worked with Widescreen and CSS?

Ever worked with Widescreen and CSS?

Hey, I have this customer that wants his page accessible for widescreen use.. oh boy, anyways, I am a bit newer at this, normally I just take a template redo the images and I am set. This guy wanted a custom template, so he's going to get it!!

Anyways, trying to position images using "id" selector, and I am a bit troubled with which one to use; fixed, static, etc, etc, and what about padding, I know I can use the pixels and percents, is there something similar within padding?

If there is anyone here pretty good with CSS and has a few good hints on this matter, it would be much appreciated..

You can make divs, margins and padding in % widths but borders cannot be %, so if you have side borders you may have to make the total widths add up to 98% or 99% to allow for the px borders.

You can also size images in %, if you only give a % width and don't size the height, the height will resize in proportion, but that may create height you don't want and disrupt the layout.
    Code downloaded to my PC will be deleted in due course.
    WIN7; IE9, Firefox, Opera, Chrome and Safari for Windows; screen resolution usually 1366*768.
    Also IE6 on W98 with 800*600 and IE8 on Vista 1440*900.