Thread: Help with page restrictions please

Help with page restrictions please

Hey,

I don't have any real web page design training, but the company I work for kind of threw the responsibilities on me. I have Dreamweaver CS4. Here is what I need to do:

I need to prevent access to a page by requiring people to input two different forms of identification:

#1: They need to enter an email address that ends in either "@mail.weber.edu" or "@weber.edu". What is before the "@" sign really doesn't matter, but it must end in either of those two formats.

#2: They need to enter an identification number that starts with a "W" and then has 8 numbers after it. It must start with a "W" and it must have no more and no less than 8 numbers after the "W". The numbers really don't matter as long as there are exactly 8 of them.

If these two conditions are met, then they can be allowed to access the page. I am not sure if I put this in some <input> tags and then use *'s to allow it to equal :"*@weber.edu" "*@mail.weber.edu" and somehow the W with 8 numbers? What would be the best way to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

Sounds like you need to invest in a programmer, most likely PHP.

http://www.getafreelancer.com/

Alex