Thread: Suggestion Needed!!!

Suggestion Needed!!!

Hi Friends,

I need some suggestion from you. I am from Chennai, India. Actually i worked as a web designer for 2 years from 2005-2007, and because of my situation i was into business(which is entirely different from IT enabled services and i cant put that in my resume) from 2007-2009, so it created a 2 years gap in my career and i am 29 now. I planned to start my web designing career again and i refreshed my skills.

I got a doubt will any concern hire me with a 2 years gap in my career and age criteria(i m 29 now). Expecting your suggestion friends.

Thanks in advance.

Well, I think you need to put your other non-IT job on your resume. Because employers will see a two-year gap and that will make them wonder why you weren't working during that time. It can make them not want to call you for a job interview.

But try to list anything that you did in that job that might relate to the field of work you want to get into.

And remember, 29 isn't "old" anymore.

Best of luck!
    While I'm not learning more about Web design, I write editorials and columns about politics and the news. My two blogs are at: whatburnsmybacon.com.