Thread: Asp help

Asp help

http://epic.0sites.net/~flushuk/flus...out/Index.aspx

Does anybody know why I get this error? Im wanting to learn asp my friend sent me this cms script but I have no idea how to set it up thanks.

Looks like the problem is with the syntax of your web.config file.
    The parameter for Target Framework should be set to a specific version of the .NET Framework that you are using.

I can see at the footer of your error page that the server is configured using ASP.NET Version: 2.0.50727.1433.
    That is the version that you should be using in your configuration.
    Beyond that, it could be a type elsewhere near where the targetFramework parameter is in the web.config file.

I can't help much further than that since I don't have any visibilty on the contents of that file.

By the way, on a side note, you should really make a small change to your web.config and hide these sorts of error pages for your end users. Although it is a good way to troubleshoot a problem, it has been proven many times that it is also a great way for a hacker to gain insiteful information about your website / hosting platform that can be later used to gain access.

Early last month, Microsoft release a security bulletin indicating they uncovered a very significant vulnerability in the way ASP.NET displays it's error pages. You can read up on it here http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archi...erability.aspx
    More than just a simple web hosting service. Our goal is to provide your business with a Web Presence.
    Affordable Hosting Solutions, Domain Name Registration, E-Mail Marketing Solutions, Social Media Networking, and more.
    Let us show you how you can be your own webmaster