I am not a web-developer however I have an idea for a website. I have had it for a few years and while I have worked through the idea in all aspects of the business, I am unable to detail what I actually would need to build the site.

It is based in the language learning industry...... It is not possible to replicate a classroom situation on the internet. However an important part of learning a language, a part that most language learners don't get is access to, is being able to converse regularly with a native language speaker.

Imagine a Spanish man living in Madrid comes home from work. In his job he has a requirement to speak English from time to time. A better grasp of the language would
enhance his career. He comes home from work, has something to eat, puts his kids to bed and then sits down in front of his laptop and within 3 minutes he is chatting to a man from England in English for 30 minutes. They talk about his day, how his football team did at the weekend and his sons exam results. He closes his laptop and returns to watch tv with his wife.

The Englishman doesn't have to be able to teach the language, he doesn't have to be able to speak a foreign language, he only has to be able to have a chat in his own native language.

Imagine that this can be replicated in every household throughout the world. Where every language learner can talk to a native speaker when they want at their laptop.

I want to develop a website that acts as a scheduling mechanism to match any number of langugae learners throughout the world to each other so they can converse with each other.

There are several factors, apart from the website design, that would cause concern as to the viability of this website. However I have considered all of these concerns and have solutions for them all. I just need to know how complex it would be to build a website that would give the required functionality and deal with the volumes.