Thread: Lost x_x

Lost x_x

Well, i recently finished learning css using w3schools. I have also learned html/xhtml from there, however I still feel as if i do not understand either languages. If you asked me to write a html and document and style it with css i could, but when i see source codes for other websites my mind totally cant focus/understand any of it. What i have trouble especially with his nesting selectors. ( img.blah #dhd img ). It totally faks with my brain and then i totally fail to even understand the outcome of it, even though i know its so you dont have to rewrite the styles.--------ESPECIALLY when you have #wrapper, then later on you have #wraper p, but what the hell does that mean? only paragraphs with the wrapper id within the wrapper id are styled?____________Lastly divs...... I dont know when to use them, i dont know what to use them for. All i kinda understand is that it creates its own invisible border around its content (i think.)_________ sorry for cluster phone has no enter button... help xD

Don't worry about looking at code for huge sites...too much stuff there.

And you don't have any problem with selectors...you just described how to use them! Yes, #wrapper p would only change paragraphs in the wrapper.

You could also have:
    #wrapper a span {}

Which would only change spans that have anchor tags.

DIVs...use div's for positioning things. Say for a website framework, you put a wrapper, and then inside that a header div...then UNDER that your content div, then below that your footer div.