Thread: JavaScript questions...

JavaScript questions...

I hope I posted at right place...

For last three weeks... I spend probably more than 40 hours gaining fundamental on the structure of HTML and CSS, the codes, the progress of PSD slicing template into HTML/CSS and etc. I believe I still probably have more to go, but I consider that I have promoted from novice into intermediate or perhaps average. I was told the next step would be to learn Javascript.

I have been hearing or told that javascript is popular nowdays, and is much more intuitive to use. Well, I am embarrassed to say, but what exactly is javascript? what is it used for?
    how worth is it for future web designer like me?
    Is it easy to learn?

I searched up in google, I end up with some articles that explain me like I am expert or proficent. I just still don't get that in my head. Are there any sites that can explain me like I am newbie so I can get started in soft way?

Also. what's difference between jscrpt and jquery?

Thanks in advance

Hello Friend,
    Javascript is the client side scripting code. It is very simple and easy to learn friend. Javascript plays a vital role in the development of the webpages. Without javascript you can't say that you are a full fledged web designer. Take a look at this site which will giveyou easy understanding. http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp.
    The jscript is the term used by microsoft for "Javascript". The "jquery" is the javascript library and it has it's own api definitions, but it is purely javascript.

Ahamed