Thread: looking for advice on setting up a video based website

leftcoastal is offline New Member: Posts Will Be Moderated

looking for advice on setting up a video based website

I'd like to setup a video site that can both host videos from say Amazon's S3 as well as embed Youtube video's. Is this possible?

The idea is to minimize server space and still build a community around like minded hikers,bikers,etc..Something a bit more focused than say Youtube. The template or layout used in the below site is very much what I'd like to achieve.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/us

I'd prefer to use Joomla or Wordpress since both have big user communities and I am a beginner with more time than money. However I am open minded to other options if they're user friendly. The main thing I'd like to build into the site is a strong archival system and a user database for uploading video and pics. Does anyone know of platforms that have plugins like this? any help would be much appreciated!

It is great to use Wordpress for your website. Wordpress will give you better way to customize your video website according to your need and ease. But I would strongly recommend you to have custom development for making your website similar to Dailymotion.