Thread: PHP Site - Setting up DB with XAMPP/DW CS4

Question PHP Site - Setting up DB with XAMPP/DW CS4

Hello,

I've setup a local copy of a php site in DW cs4. I have XAMPP installed and working (used a small test site to verify everything is working). I downloaded a copy of the site's DB and imported it into XAMPP and it seems to work... I took some SQL queries from the code of the site and ran them directly from phpMyAdmin and got results from them. I went into DW and set up a DB connection and when I test the connection (test button) it says the connection was made successfully. When I try to 'live view' the local copy of index.php I get a blank page with a message: "Could not connect to mysql. Please check your database settings." I also found where this message is originating from in config.php... there is an if statement that tests the connection:

if (!$conn->Connect($DBHOST, $DBUSER, $DBPASSWORD, $DBNAME) ) {
    echo 'error here';
    die();

I know the DB name is the same, I made sure to import it using the exact same name. When I set up the db connection in DW I used the user root and the pw that goes with that, but the site doesn't contain that info.

Where would I find out where the site specifies user and pw for the DB?

What is the DBHOST?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kirk

DBHOST was localhost
    user and pw specified in config.local.php

Got all that straightened out, but now more issues. When I try to view index.php in a browser, I get a blank page (in FF and Chrome - in IE I'm getting a HTTP 500 error. I have read that there are some logs in XAMPP that should detail what happened to cause the error... anyone know where this error log would be?