Thread: Tool to create a series of static html files from spreadsheet data?

Tool to create a series of static html files from spreadsheet data?

Hi all,

I'm facing a challenge in trying to create a series of static html pages containing information found in an Excel spreadsheet on a fairly regular basis.

It's along the lines of doing a word processing mail merge, but with an html template containing variable fields like <description> <length> <width> <height>, etc and the result being a full of html files automatically named along the lines of 01-Description1.html, 02-Description2.html, etc.

A dynamic site is not an option for this project. A folder full of static html files is required. If only it were a dynamic web site using MySQL/PHP were an option, things would be easier, but it's not.

I've done some searching and found a tool called "mergemill" that does this. The only drawback is the price - $99. I'll give it another week or two before I break down and pay that, but something free (and preferably open source) would be great.

Thanks for your input,
    Kevin

Pay the $99. Your task is relatively uncommon and I doubt there's a decent open source script out there. The $99 is definitely worth it as long as the script does what it needs to do properly.
    Co-founder Aedis IT www.aedisit.com
    Registered Linux User #445070 counter.li.org
    Zend Certified Engineer - CIW Professional - CompTIA Linux+ - CompTIA Network+